My apologies to Sara for taking so long to get this up. I have no excuse really. But before I get to the random facts…
Things are hectic, but good. Although, I have put writing to the backburner right now, I am working on several projects that are keeping me busy.
Proofing for Kensington is a tremendous help to my income and I like the work. It’s easy for me. And I get paid essentially for reading. I consider it free classes in writing too…good or bad.
I got another gig writing resumes and cover letters. It is amazing how much people will pay to have someone else do it for them. Oh well, good for me. LOL Again, I find this easy work and fun to do. It feeds into my anal retentive organization skills and love of formatting. It also feeds into my font addiction.
Getting ready to launch an awesome site with 6 other friends. Not sure where it will go, but I do know it has a lot going for it.
Claudia Black….I love her. She’s amazing. She was a guest on SG-1 and I instantly fell in love with her. GIVE HER MORE WORK!
FINALLY catching up on all the missed SG-1 episodes. On season 9 right now and while I am not looking forward to having the whole thing end because I love the series and the actors the episodes got a little weird from the 6th season on. Not sure what was going on other than actor salary disputes, but it looks like people were scattered. I think they should have ended with season 8 because the whole Ori thing seems like old news-new package. I am curious to see how the whole show ends. Richard Dean Anderson leaving is, or rather, was, a bad sign (like Michael Shanks). Starting on SG-Atlantis, which I hope is better. I do love the series despite all the weirdness.
And now….the facts:
1) Having grown up in a desert country, it was not easy to foster a green thumb. But I loved the idea of growing things and would always plant little seeds in wet cotton. Thanks mom!
2) I have always longed for a little garden of my own, but do not think I have the thumb for it like my fore bearers. Every time I try, it ends miserably. Like the time I was thrilled at my from-seed oregano and basil that died mercilessly after I cut some off to cook with. It was sad. The next day, all the stems were blackended and withered.
3) I firmly support organically grown everything. I just wish I did not mean cost is higher. It’s odd, we pay more for losing ingredients. Being healthy comes at a price it would seem.
4) I love cooking with fresh and not dried. I think it adds more flavor. And it’s fun. Except for the time I froze some purple basil and it died on me. Badly.
5) Fresh rosemary is one of my fave garden scents. Especially the crop from my Aunt’s garden. She is the one with the green thumb, planting anything and everything and making it all grow. I envy her ability.
6) I think there is nothing more human than working with and in nature. It reminds me of what our humanity really is divorced of circuits and wires. I think people who disregard the importance of nature are fools who will realize only too late the effect of screwing and raping nature.
7) I say all this fully admitting that I cannot STAND soil under my fingernails.